NSAC Sets Hearing Date For Khabib-McGregor Brawl

It was recently reported that both Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov had been suspended for a period of 10 days by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) for their part in the post-fight brawl that occurred last Saturday night (Oct. 6, 2018) at the conclusion of their headlining title fight at the UFC 229 (see it again here).

But their sanctions could be a bit longer, as ESPN’s Ariel Helwani appeared on “SportsCenter” earlier today (Thurs., Oct. 11, 2018) to reveal that the NSAC has scheduled a hearing for October 24, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada to discuss the melee, giving them time to see all of the footage and conclude its investigation.

From the report:

“I I just spoke to NSAC executive director Bob Bennett who told me that they will be in fact temporarily suspended for 10 days come October 15. Per their rules, you can only be temporarily suspended for 10 days. The next Nevada Athletic Commission hearing is on October 24, that’s when the chairman of the NAC and the rest of the commissioners will vote whether or not they will be indefinitely suspended pending their investigation, which has already begun. He says as of right now, Khabib has yet to be paid his purse, not one cent of his $2 million purse. Conor was paid but he declined to say why Conor was paid and Khabib wasn’t. And he declined to give me a ballpark of a full suspension or fine that they would receive. I am told via sources that it is likely at this time that Conor will receive some kind of sanction because he jumped on the cage and reacted to the entire melee.”

Earlier today, Khabib took to Instagram to threaten to no longer fight for the promotion if it went ahead and cut his teammate Zubaira Tukhugov for smacking Conor inside the cage. He also doesn’t care that the NSAC still has his $2 million paycheck, telling them to shove it down their throat, as well.

Khabib did apologize to NSAC and UFC for nearly inciting a riot shortly after the incident, but claims he was only finishing what McGregor and Co. started a few months ago in Brooklyn, New York.

While it was initially believed that only Khabib and his team would be facing sanctions from NSAC, the athletic governing body later revealed it would go after “Notorious” after footage of him swinging punches inside the Octagon surfaced.

Indeed, both NSAC and UFC will be very busy in the next couple of weeks trying to put out the fires started by two men that simply do not like or respect each other, even after going toe-to-toe for four rounds inside the Octagon (video replay here).

Watch free mma online

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *